Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Night Shift

The first anthology of short stories in this long journey. This one contains some goodies that were made into movies: Graveyard Shift, Lawnmower Man, Children of the Corn, Quitters Inc + The Ledge (in combination they became Cat's Eye), Trucks (Maximum Overdrive - directed by Stephen King), and The Mangler. If you blinked, you missed most of them. 


I am sure that Children of the Corn, is responsible for a fear of remote cornfields. I can say that I have not been in a cornfield, before reading/seeing the movie or since. I am also not likely to venture into one.




Table of Contents:

Jerusalem's Lot
Graveyard Shift
Night Surf
I Am the Doorway
The Mangler
The Boogeyman
Grey Matter
Battleground
Trucks
Sometimes They Come Back
Strawberry Spring
The Ledge
The Lawnmower Man
Quitters, Inc.
I Know What You Need
Children of the Corn
The Last Rung on the Ladder
The Man Who Loved Flowers
One for the Road
The Woman in the Room

No comments:

Post a Comment