Thursday, December 15, 2011

Halfway through Carrie

Well, halfway through Carrie. So much better than how I remembered. Of course it has been at least 15 years since I read it. Still, I am trying to pace myself so that I can really enjoy what I am reading; pausing to savor the nuances.

I also have to confess that after reading this book (the first time), I renewed my efforts to try and pick things up with my mind. Darn it! I do not have the dominant TK gene - thanks mom and dad.

I love that Stephen King has a great website with a lot of information about his work. For information on Carrie: www.stephenking.com/library/novel/carrie.html

What Stephen has to say on the inspiration of this book:
The story is largely about how women find their own channels of power, and what men fear about women and women's sexuality. "Carrie White is a sadly mis-used teenager, an example of the sort of person whose spirit is so often broken for good in that pit of man- and woman-eaters that is your normal suburban high school. But she's also Woman, feeling her powers for the first time and, like Samson, pulling down the temple on everyone in sight at the end of the book."

No comments:

Post a Comment