Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Introduction

Stephen King has been my favorite author since I was in 6th grade. I swiped my older brother's copy of The Bachman Books. My next undertaking was IT - quite an undertaking for a 13 year old. I was hooked. There was just something about his imagination that resonated with mine.  
I had a large back catalog to read. And I went through it quickly. Insomnia was the first 'new release' that I bought. I remember ditching high school and sitting in Whataburger around the corner eating a pancake breakfast pouring over my newest acquisition.
Since then, I am on pins and needles for each new release. What new world will I be visiting? What repeat characters will appear? Will we be going back to Derry, Maine? And most importantly, will this be the book that I can only read during the day time.

After plowing through 11/22/63 and gazing on my two shelves full of Stephen King books, organized chronologically (of course), I decided that I would go back and read each and every book. Yes, that is right I will be reading over 50 books, all written by Stephen King and blogging about my experience. All for fun!!

I begin in 1974 with Carrie.

No comments:

Post a Comment